Fulltime – permanent
Our client is a leading visual effects company, based in Sydney, with an international and domestic portfolio of clients. Truly an employer of choice, they continue to lead the way in terms of workplace culture and career development opportunities.
As a result of winning new work, our client is looking for a CG/FX Supervisor to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the CG/FX team in producing stunning visual effects, bringing to life the visions of our creative team.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the CG/FX team
- Work closely with the Director, Producers and Head of FX to establish the technical requirements of each project
- Develop and maintain efficient CG/FX workflows
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure technical and creative consistency across all aspects of the project
- Mentor and train junior artists, developing their deadline management skills
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and tools, and implement them as needed.
- At least 8 years of experience in the CG/FX industry with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role as a CG Supervisor or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of 3D software such as Maya and Houdini
- Experience managing VFX pipelines and workflows
- Expertise in rendering technologies such as Arnold, Renderman, or equivalent
- Strong scripting and programming skills with languages such as Python, Mel, or equivalent
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to work effectively across multiple departments
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a studio that has a broad range of both domestic and international work, where you will be well supported by this passionate and highly skilled team.
For more information, or to apply for the role, please call Siân on 0416 614 171 or submit an application via the button provided.
get the sticky
'the sticky' is Supaglu's regular newsletter featuring profiles of great people looking for work in vfx, games and animation, as well as articles and maybe some pictures (if you're lucky).
Feel free to sign up below (you can unsubscribe whenever you want).
If you're looking for work and would like us to feature you, or if you've written an article you'd like to contribute, reach out to us here.