Fulltime – permanent
Our clients are a highly-regarded tertiary institution specializing in games in Sydney, Australia. They are a global organisation which have long set the benchmark for game development education in Australia, helping students learn in a fun, interactive, industry focussed environment. Graduates from our clients have gone on to key roles with the industry across Australia and the world.
As a Game Development Trainer, you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and passion for game development with aspiring game designers and developers. This position offers a unique chance to contribute to the growth and development of the next generation of game industry professionals.
- Deliver high-quality lectures, workshops, and practical sessions on game development topics to undergraduate students.
- Develop and update curriculum materials to ensure they align with industry standards and emerging trends.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to students, assisting them in developing their technical skills and creative abilities.
- Evaluate student progress through assignments, projects, and examinations, providing constructive feedback.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in game development tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Collaborate with the academic team to enhance the overall learning experience for students.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the game development program.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in game development.
- Proven expertise in game design, programming, or related disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Familiarity with various game development tools and software.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about game development and the growth of the industry.
- Prior teaching or mentoring experience will be an advantage.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is essential, however if you don’t currently hold one, this training will be provided for you.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Opportunity to work with highly motivated and talented students.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
- Collaborative, supportive and fun work environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
This role is based in Sydney, Australia and will require you to work on-site. It’s a full time role.
Our clients are ideally looking for someone with the right to work in Australia, but would consider a skilled migration option for a highly experienced suitable candidate.
get the sticky
'the sticky' is Supaglu's regular newsletter featuring profiles of great people looking for work in vfx, games and animation, as well as articles and maybe some pictures (if you're lucky).
Feel free to sign up below (you can unsubscribe whenever you want).
If you're looking for work and would like us to feature you, or if you've written an article you'd like to contribute, reach out to us here.