Looking for an opportunity to step up into some responsibility and career growth? Australian VFX studios like our client, based on the continent’s sunny east coast, offer the chance for you to become much more than a cog in a wheel.
Compositing in Nuke to the highest standards of world-class photorealism, you’ll have the same opportunities to work on high-profile tentpole features as you would in a big multinational studio.
The difference? Well, you’ll know the name of everyone you work with. You’ll be surrounded by a team that knows you, too, and cares about you and your professional development.
We’re looking for a team-focussed Lead Compositor. Our client is looking for artists who want to come to work in the studio, contribute to the team and the culture, and grow with them into the future.
If this sounds like you, you have at least five years of experience compositing on world-class features, and a reel that demonstrates your eye and your technical expertise. Hit the “apply” button at the bottom for a confidential discussion.
A more detailed skill requirement is below:
- Responsible for working with your team to create high quality digital composites and visual effects for feature films and television.
- Seamlessly integrate the various layers or elements of a live-action shot.
- Strong sense of colour, colour-space and attention to detail.
- Ability to do any required tracking (both 2D and 3D).
- Ability to work on the most complex and demanding shots.
- Follow production process and develop creative approaches and problem-solving.
- Proficient in using 2.5d approaches, projections and using 3D environment within Nuke.
- Work closely with Visual Effects Supervisors to composite the numerous elements that complete a visual effects shot.
- Work in partnership with lighters and other compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
- Thorough understanding of compositing multi-channel lighting passes and how each channel contributes to the final image.
- Mentor and advise junior compositors and ensure best practices are being employed.
- Minimum 5 years photoreal feature film experience in live action films.
- Mastery of Nuke.
- Expert knowledge of compositing as well as integration of 3D elements into plates.
- Experience using multi-pass CG elements.
- Experience in stereo compositing and various conversion methodologies is considered an asset.
- Strong artistic skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with Maya and Katana is an asset.
- An art or photography background with emphasis on photo-realistic aesthetic and environments an asset.
- Developer / script writing skills an asset.
get the sticky
'the sticky' is Supaglu's regular newsletter featuring profiles of great people looking for work in vfx, games and animation, as well as articles and maybe some pictures (if you're lucky).
Feel free to sign up below (you can unsubscribe whenever you want).
If you're looking for work and would like us to feature you, or if you've written an article you'd like to contribute, reach out to us here.